IPong Pro Table Tennis Robot Reviews In 2023
Ipong pong is a cost-effective table tennis practice machine or robot.
But at the start, the machine has many problems even if it’s not the perfect machine till now.
But it could be a best friend for you to do some solo practice.
Basically, price is the main reason for writing this Ipong Pro Review.
After a lot of criticism, the Ipong Pro manufacturer tried to make some improvements.
Improvements are given below:
- Improvements in motor and shooting wheel.
- Better ball launch and spin.
- More consistent and accurate shooting.
- Improved overall performance.
- Quieter operation.
- New feeder disc to reduce ball jams.
- Improved remote control.
Now it works well in terms of expectations.
Table of Contents
IPong Pro Overview
In the machine, more than 100 40mm balls can be held and shot at a rate of 12 to 70 balls per minute based on the mode activated and your holding position of paddle.
Using the updated remote, you can now control the oscillation, frequency, and spin control with ease.
However, it is important to set the pong in the correct direction at the beginning for proper ball placement.
The best way to do this is to stand behind it while it serves a few rounds, watch, and turn the base.
This method might result in a ball not hitting the table once per round (75 balls).
It is important as well to set the backspin and forward spin correctly, Both of which determine the ball’s depth.
After that, it is not necessary to adjust these once they are set unless you want to change the spin or placement.
There is a guide that explains all of this.
A memory button on the iPong PRO lets you save your favorite settings in addition to a play/pause button.
With the remote, you can select from an endless number of shot options, including ball frequency, side-by-side oscillation, underspin speed, and topspin speed.
You can also use the iPong Table Tennis Training Targets for improving accuracy and ball placement by putting the iPong on the iPong tilt stand for practice.
With this affordable, fun, and simple table tennis robot, recreational table tennis has reached an entirely new level of competition.
- Consistency and accuracy have been improved with improved design and updated software.
- With its digital display and connected remote.
- This robot can learn and practice table tennis without a partner.
- There are four ball parameters in Ipong Pro: frequency, side-to-side oscillation, and topspin speed.
- Approximately 100 balls are held on the machine, and it fires them at a rate of 30 to 70 per minute.
- Material: Plastic
- Ball Capacity: 100+
- Compatibility: 9*5 feet standard table
- Spins: Topspin, Heavy topspin, Backspin
- Net weight: 2.5 pounds
- Warranty: 1-year
- Input: 100-240V ~50/60Hz 0.6A
- Output: 9V 2.0A
- Dimensions: 12.5 *12.5 *9 inches
Don’t align the feed hole with the hole when you load it.
This may cause it to jam , The remaining 1-5 balls will now circle in there forever if you glue a piece of cardboard in there.
You’re forcing them to move around the plate.
It would be best to place the machine on a highchair or another nearby surface, not at the table.
This leaves the entire table area free for returns.
Problems That May Still Occur
It will throw the balls in the right areas when the backspin and topspin are set correctly.
I have not yet seen any hit the net. The balls might go off the table on one side if you don’t aim properly in oscillation mode.
It will, however, get them all on once you aim correctly.
Ensure that the ball slot doesn’t line up with the hole the ball goes through, and make sure there is a ball in the slot.
Then, add the other balls, And try not to looping with the ipong pro robot, This may prevent the machine from working.
The machine might jam after shooting several balls, but you can usually move the plate by reaching down through the balls.
I had had to turn it off and get them out a couple of times when it jammed with too many balls in the mechanism.
It will shoot two shots simultaneously, but one will drop, and the other will travel as expected.
Considering the product’s low price, these problems are trivial, and they will greatly improve your game And help you to become a better player.
- As you know, there are many expensive machines out there. So, it’s the best machine to do some solo practice on a low budget.
- Almost all balls are delivered consistently, except for two or three balls from 100 that shoot over the table.
- The movement is perfect for practicing, and it is easy to assemble because the instructions are straightforward.
- Still, it’s a little concerning about the jam after improvements, but if you shake it, you can get rid of it, so there’s no major problem.
- There is difficulty aligning the calls when using the oscillation mode, but it adds randomness that you might like.
- In terms of topspin and backspin, a robot can do very little spin, but still, it is useful and works.
This machine isn’t made for practicing very consistent movements.
There may be overshooting or undershooting. The distance and direction can’t be controlled very easilY.
But all in all, you get a machine that produces balls, and the randomness factor adds to the fun.
All in all, you should check it out if you are a beginner.
I highly recommend this product if you want to practice your game and return style, rather than spending $250 on a robot.
As I mentioned earlier, It is the main reason to write Ipong Pro review.
But I will recommend investing in a higher-grade robot with more capabilities.
If you are an experienced or competitive ping pong player , We also wrote many article on diffrent brand ping pong robot.